Initial thoughts on moving Firefox settings from Windows to Ubuntu

The most used software? Firefox, of course.

I've been using FEBE for a while to backup my profile, so it was time to give it a try actually doing a restore.

While I followed the necessary instructions to create a new profile, namely starting the profile manager (cd ~/.mozilla/firefox followed by firefox -ProfileManager) and creating a new profile, the actual restore didn't work too well.

So, I switched back to Windows, backed up everything individually (not the entire profile, as I was doing) and then began restoring my usernames and passwords.

Which didn't work.

So, I manually replaced the necessary files. Not wanting to try it again, I did the same for the cookies file.

The problem seems to stem from the fact that the directory structure has changed, and a number of my extensions appear to use the directory structure to function.

Now I just need to figure out how to remove the extra kernels when I initially boot up (I've still got Windows XP Pro installed on a partition).