On July 13, 2007 I converted my blog over from WordPress to BlogEngine.NET (having previously used custom code written in PHP).
It was a great switch, as I was beginning to really dig into .NET, and I've found there's no better way to learn something than actually doing something with it.
While I don't think I did much with the beta, I was in on 1.0 and was fairly active at first. Mads eventually switched focus, and there were much more vocal users, so I slowed down, and eventually stopped visiting the community.
This switch is long overdue, but a short while ago I started on the process of moving away from BlogEngine.NET, and late last night (or very early this morning) I pulled the switch.
I still have some work to do on the functionality to actually create/edit data, but at this point it's been running pretty solid, with considerably less of a memory footprint.
I'm hoping for a nicer design at some point, as well as additional tweaks to the functionality, but moving away from BlogEngine.NET is the first step towards those goals.
- Review: Dr. Brown's 4 Piece Options Wide Neck Bottle, 9 Ounce
- Review: Philips Sonicare FlexCare Whitening Edition
- Review: Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Gaming Mouse with POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Compatibility
- Review: Empires of EVE: A History of the Great Wars of EVE Online
- Review: Ghost in the Shell README: 1995-2017
Support This Site
If my blog was helpful to you, then please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist.