On July 13, 2007 I converted my blog over from WordPress to BlogEngine.NET (having previously used custom code written in PHP).
It was a great switch, as I was beginning to really dig into .NET, and I've found there's no better way to learn something than actually doing something with it.
While I don't think I did much with the beta, I was in on 1.0 and was fairly active at first. Mads eventually switched focus, and there were much more vocal users, so I slowed down, and eventually stopped visiting the community.
This switch is long overdue, but a short while ago I started on the process of moving away from BlogEngine.NET, and late last night (or very early this morning) I pulled the switch.
I still have some work to do on the functionality to actually create/edit data, but at this point it's been running pretty solid, with considerably less of a memory footprint.
I'm hoping for a nicer design at some point, as well as additional tweaks to the functionality, but moving away from BlogEngine.NET is the first step towards those goals.
Support This Site
If my blog was helpful to you, then please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist.