BlogEngine.NET 1.6 released
Promising a real comment moderation system, BE.NET 1.6 was released a few days ago.
Having just upgraded from 188.8.131.52, I wasn't without my issues, but overall the memory footprint doesn't seem too horrible (it's increased a bit again, but ...)
Actually, the memory footprint isn't a minor issue. I have 805 posts with 688 comments, and get between 9 to 10 thousand visits a month. BlogEngine.NET starts at around 150 MB of RAM and jumps up to 210 MB. It's not horrid, but I remember the days when it was nice and lean.
At one point Mads suggested he was going to switch over to IIS 7; maybe we'll see .NET 3.5 functionality first, which might tighten things up. Otherwise it may just mean I need to do a custom build ... or scrap it altogether for a lean system. I don't want to, but ...
- Review: Cooler Master CK550 Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
- Review: Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack & Baby's First Blocks Bundle [Amazon Exclusive]
- Review: Summer Infant 3DPac Stroller
- Review: Sony SRS-XB31 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (SRSXB31/Ll)
- Review: Under Armour Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel 18 Ounce Tumbler
Support This Site
If my blog was helpful to you, then please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist.