Log Parser Plus June/July 2011 plans
Somehow, while I wasn't looking, the Log Parser Plus Web site has grown to what I consider a nice size over the last handful of months.
As the Log Parser Plus Web site moves towards 2000 visits a month I'll be making a number of changes in an attempt to make it even more useful.
Some changes I've already made:
- Implemented a new design.
- Added login functionality.
- Added ELMAH support. (Administrative)
My current plan with item number 2 is to potentially tie in OpenID functionality so that individuals can easily submit their own examples.
Additional changes planned for the coming weeks/months:
- Migrate from XML sources to SQL. (Administrative)
- Add information about XML parsing.
- Add information about parsing text documents.
- Add information about running SQL from a file instead of via the command line (my preferred way to run queries).
- Add functionality for users to comment on individual examples. (May not happen, since I'm not sure about demand.)
- Add functionality to export queries to files, which goes along with item 4.
- Review of the Log Parser book. (Having only skimmed it, this would be after I sat down and read it.)
Have an idea about something else? I've just added a page to collect feedback on Log Parser Plus.
- Review: Empires of EVE: A History of the Great Wars of EVE Online
- Review: Ghost in the Shell README: 1995-2017
- Review: Fitbit Charge 2 Bands,Fitbit Bands Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Metal Replacement Bracelet Strap, Wristbands Accessories for Charge 2 with Stronger Magnetic Clasp
- Review: Wickedly Prime Organic Roasted Seaweed Snacks, Korean Kalbi
- Review: 5-Minute Dungeon
Support This Site
If my blog was helpful to you, then please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist.