iTunes Playlists to Xml - version 1.4 released
This application has since been updated. Read about the current version of iTunes Playlists to Xml.
Version 1.4 of iTunes Playlists to Xml is now available for download.
Download iTunes Playlists to Xml 1.4.
What it does
While iTunes has an Xml export option, it will export only those tracks from your computer, doesn’t allow you to choose what data to export (unless you play with the view), uses a bulky Xml format, and won’t export from other sources (like iPods).
iTunes Playlists to Xml will allow you to generate a compact Xml file from any source’s playlists (including the entire Music ‘playlist’), with a large number of available properties (Artist, track Name, Played Count, Rating, etcetera).
iTunes Playlists to Xml requires Windows XP or later, .NET Framework 2.0 or later, and iTunes 8.x or later (but will probably work on 7.x, and may work on even earlier versions).
To install iTunes Playlists to Xml you just need to extract the contents of the above zip.
Running requires iTunes to be running at the same time (if it’s not running it will start be started by this application).
Once the iTunes Playlists to Xml has started you can configure output settings by selecting Settings > Configure from the menu.
This update adds AlbumName.xslt, NameArtistAlbumPlay.xslt, and transforms.xml. iTunesPlaylistsToXml.exe was also updated. Extracting these four files to your existing install’s directory will upgrade you successfully. Your settings will not be lost in this upgrade.
When starting iTunes Playlists to Xml for the first time, please remember to configure your output settings by selecting Settings > Configure from the menu.
iTunes Playlists to Xml features the following changes in version 1.4:
- The interface now features a separate Xml file that stores possible XSLT options in the configuration.
- Two new transformations are included.
- Selecting a transformation other than the default will now correctly be output in the generated Xml. (Whoops.)
Comments and suggestions are appreciated.
- Review: JLHua Silicone Multi-Use Cartoon Cat Trivet Mat (set of 6 Pack) Insulated Flexible Durable Non Slip Hot Pads and Coasters Cup Mats
- Review: Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends
- Review: Babymoov Dream Belt – Maternity Sleep Support & Cushion for Ultimate Comfort during Pregnancy
- Review: AmazonBasics PlayStation 4 Controller Charging Cable
- Review: Galaxy Trucker
Support This Site
If my blog was helpful to you, then please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist.