First Debian install = unsuccessful
My first shot at installing Debian didn't go quite so well. I'm attempting to install on a HP Pavilion XE734, using pretty much the base system. One addition appears to be a 3Com Fast Etherlink PCI card, from the late 90s ... (3C595-TX).
My hope is to get this installed fairly quickly, and have instructions for anyone else that may have this model, and may want to do a similar installation. I'm surprised by the lack of a site that documents which base systems people were able to install various flavours of Linux on. After all, not everyone who installs Linux does so on a custom-built machine ... right?
Guess I'll spend some time Sunday night doing a new installation, after clearing my hard drive of the initial shot. I don't really want to buy a new(er) machine just to install a flavour of Linux, but I guess I may have to ... There's always a couple other flavours of non-Windows OS that I have laying about - and I have a fast enough connection and enough blank CDs to burn a number more.
- Review: Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Gaming Mouse with POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Compatibility
- Review: Empires of EVE: A History of the Great Wars of EVE Online
- Review: Ghost in the Shell README: 1995-2017
- Review: Fitbit Charge 2 Bands,Fitbit Bands Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Metal Replacement Bracelet Strap, Wristbands Accessories for Charge 2 with Stronger Magnetic Clasp
- Review: Wickedly Prime Organic Roasted Seaweed Snacks, Korean Kalbi
Support This Site
If my blog was helpful to you, then please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist.