A local, Apache Web server, on a Windows XP computer
My intention is to write a number of guides that will help someone build a functional Web server for testing purposes. Since Windows is fairly popular, I've decided to outline how to install Web server programs on it. Since Apache is both powerful and free, I've opted to use it as the core, instead of IIS, or the like.
I also plan on keeping the various technologies up-to-date, yet continuing to provide the instructions for past versions used, just in case. I do have copies of the versions I've installed below, and would be happy to provide those copies that no longer exist elsewhere; just ask.
Our local Web server uses the following technology.
- Apache 2.2.4
- Apache 2.0.59
- was: Apache 1.3.34
- .htaccess file
- WordPress 2.0.5
- was: WordPress 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.4
- Analog 6.0
- Other software to try: WebLog Expert Lite 3.6
- Microsoft Management Console setup
- Eclipse 3.2
- Versioning control
The following upgrades are planned for addition (in no particular order):
- MySQL 4.1.21
- phpMyAdmin 188.8.131.52
- PostgreSQL 8.1.5
- pgAdmin III 1.6.0
The following information is planned for expanding the tutorials, in no particular order:
- World's simplest, but professionally functional, Web page
- how to restore WordPress/MySQL using phpMyAdmin
- how to setup a CMS (Joomla and possibly Mambo)
- sending mail
As new pages are added, I will add additional links and items to the above. If you would like me to cover a particular program, please let me know - any possible additions to this list would be appreciated.
- Review: Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Gaming Mouse with POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Compatibility
- Review: Empires of EVE: A History of the Great Wars of EVE Online
- Review: Ghost in the Shell README: 1995-2017
- Review: Fitbit Charge 2 Bands,Fitbit Bands Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Metal Replacement Bracelet Strap, Wristbands Accessories for Charge 2 with Stronger Magnetic Clasp
- Review: Wickedly Prime Organic Roasted Seaweed Snacks, Korean Kalbi
Support This Site
If my blog was helpful to you, then please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist.