Log Parser Plus June/July 2011 plans
Somehow, while I wasn't looking, the Log Parser Plus Web site has grown to what I consider a nice size over the last handful of months.
As the Log Parser Plus Web site moves towards 2000 visits a month I'll be making a number of changes in an attempt to make it even more useful.
Some changes I've already made:
- Implemented a new design.
- Added login functionality.
- Added ELMAH support. (Administrative)
My current plan with item number 2 is to potentially tie in OpenID functionality so that individuals can easily submit their own examples.
Additional changes planned for the coming weeks/months:
- Migrate from XML sources to SQL. (Administrative)
- Add information about XML parsing.
- Add information about parsing text documents.
- Add information about running SQL from a file instead of via the command line (my preferred way to run queries).
- Add functionality for users to comment on individual examples. (May not happen, since I'm not sure about demand.)
- Add functionality to export queries to files, which goes along with item 4.
- Review of the Log Parser book. (Having only skimmed it, this would be after I sat down and read it.)
Have an idea about something else? I've just added a page to collect feedback on Log Parser Plus.
- Review: Smugglers Family Board Game
- Review: Case Logic Kickback for Surface Pro 4 (CKSE2197)
- Review: Lance Gluten Free Cookie Sandwich, Peanut Butter, 5 oz
- Review: DII Home Essential Chevron Luxury Throw for Indoor/Outdoor Use, 48x67
- Review: Panasonic WINGS Wireless Bluetooth Sport Clips with Mic + Controller RP-BTS30-Y
Support This Site
If my blog was helpful to you, then please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist.