Google Services on the Amazon Fire HD 8
xda-developers has a post, Installing Google Framework/Playstore without Root (5th Gen Amazon Fire 2015), that includes a couple different sets of instructions.
What worked for me was grabbing the mega.nz zip download and then:
- Make sure you're a developer and you allow apps from unknown sources.
- Install ES File Explorer via the Amazon Appstore. It's something I install on all my Android devices.
- Extract the contents of the zip you downloaded from Mega somewhere.
- Connect your Fire tablet to your computer via a USB cable.
- Copy all the files to the Download directory on your tablet.
- In ES File Explorer navigate to the Download directory.
- Install com.android.vending-5.9-12*.apk
- Install com.google.android.gms-6.6.03*.apk
- Install GoogleLoginService.apk
- Install GoogleServicesFramework.apk
- Turn off and then turn back on the device.
- You can try opening Google Play. If it automatically closes (it did for me), install com.android.vending-5.9.12*.apk again. When I did so it asked me if I wanted to install the update, and referenced one of the other services.
- You should be able to run the Google Play application now.
- When prompted, you can safely update the Google services.
With Google Play installed I was able to login to Google, as well as install YouTube and Chrome to my Fire HD 8.
- How to Backup SNES Saves With the Super UFO Pro 8
- Review: Pfister Weller LG49-WR0K 2-Handle 8-inch Widespread Bathroom Faucet in Brushed Nickel
- Review: Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar Home Speaker
- Review: Petstages Channel Scratcher Catnip Blasted Scratching Post Station for Cats, Large
- Review: Anpro Stainless Steel Heavy-duty Fruit and Vegetables Masher, Potato Ricer
Support This Site
If my blog was helpful to you, then please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist.